At some point in the future, the wedding planning will be done… it might seem like a distant dream at the moment, but image yourself a week out from your wedding day. You’re on annual leave, your hair has been done, you’re ready to relax – but you can’t. You’ve got that feeling. You know the one. The one where you just *know* you’ve forgotten something. So with that worry in mind, I’ve pulled together a checklist of all the last minute tasks and items for you to double check the week before your wedding day.
Last Minute Wedding Checklist
- Have you got your marriage licence (one of the brides who helped put this list together forgot theirs!)
- Speaking of ceremony stuff – are you writing your own vows? Make sure both you & your partner have written your vows and have them nicely typed up.
- Get everyone to do a try on of their outfits, including their shoes (this gives you time to alter if necessary)
- Go through and confirm all your vendors and reaffirm they have the correct date and timings – venue, photographer, cake, florist, celebrant, catering, transport, hair and makeup. (One bride’s father ordered the cake for the wrong day and realised only when they went to collect it!)
- Create & distribute a timeline to wedding vendors and bridal party
- Break in your wedding shoes
- Ribbon for the cars
- Wedding favours ready
- Designate someone to drop off bits and pieces like wedding favors, toasting glasses, cake knife to the wedding reception
- Who is picking up hire items? Confirm with them
- Create a list of important family photos for your photographer (they might need this a little earlier than a week before – check with them)
- Who is responsible for returning hire items?
- Heel stoppers for the bridal party’s shoes if you’ve got thin heels
- Pack a bag to drop to your wedding night accommodation – include a change of clothes, some make up and shoes
- Create an emergency kit for if (or when!) things go wrong
- If you have time, create bathroom baskets for your guests
- Borrow, buy or find a clutch or bag big enough for bits and pieces you’ll need on the day (things you might carry in your emergency kit, and your cellphone, maybe cash or a wallet etc)
- Knife for the cake
- Chilly bin with drinks and nibbles for during bridal party photos
- Matches for the candles on the tables or at the service
- Ice for drinks (if you’ve got a friend doing the bar)
- Pick up rings from the jeweller and keep them in a safe place
- Order of service confirmed and printed
- A ring pillow
- Remind speech-makers that they are making a speech
- Write your speech if you’re doing one
- Confirm honeymoon arrangements
- Menu confirmed and printed
- Have you paid everyone that you need to (or do you need to take your cheque book with you)
- If you’re leaving for your honeymoon straight after the wedding, start packing your bags
Download a printable version of the last minute wedding checklist below
PREMIUM CONTENT LOCKED
Enter your details below to get instant access
to this premium content post:
What would you add to the checklist?
Thank you so much to Rachael D, Roberta H, Fi B, Yvette C, Aimee H for your contributions to the post. If you have something to add, please comment below.