If you’re concerned about the spiralling costs of your wedding, you’re not alone! With so much to organise and pay for, compromising is key to keeping costs under control. This doesn’t mean compromising on style, appearance, location or even taste when it comes to needing wedding reception ideas on a budget.
Recently we chatted with the team at the Omakau Commercial Hotel about how they help keep costs down for couples using their wedding venue. We’ll share them with you, plus a few more of our money saving ideas too.
Hunting for Amazing Wedding Reception Ideas on a Budget?
At the Omakau Commercial Hotel, the friendly team offer a beautiful wedding venue with amazing food, all at an affordable price. They certainly understand the need to keep costs down, but still, provide the service and attention you deserve on your wedding day. In fact, the team go beyond what many other Central Otago wedding venues do and work with each couple to tailor make a package specifically for their budget. This can include:
- A self-catering option, such as a BBQ or spit
- Venue only options
- Stunning wedding backdrop using their lovely old stables, McKinnons
- Rolling suppers instead of a sit-down meal
- Running tab or cash till for alcohol
- A three-day venue hire, for set up, the wedding and clean up!
How to Save Money on Your Wedding Reception
Low cost doesn’t need to mean cheap and nasty! We’re excited to share our favourite wedding reception ideas on a budget with you.
- Be flexible with your date. Hold your wedding offseason or even in the middle of the week. Often venues discount their booking fees when they are not busy, so ask away!
- Focus on your priorities. Aim to achieve the most important wedding reception feature and then compromise on the rest.
- Use non-traditional wedding venues, such as the Omakau Commercial Hotel! Prices are much lower than at the more well-known venues.
- Have your ceremony and reception at the same place, to avoid paying two booking fees.
- Limit your guest list. Only invite family and your closest friends, then meet up with others later to celebrate over drinks.
- Organise your own music. Forget hiring a DJ or band when you can put your favourite tunes on an iPod for free.
- Choose vegetarian options for your catering as they are low cost. Or pick cheaper meats such as chicken
When it comes to keeping costs down for your wedding reception, make sure both of you are on the same page. Only then can you talk with Otago wedding venue professionals such as the Omakau Commercial Hotel and explain to them exactly what you need and what your budget is.
For more wedding reception ideas on a budget, check out our large collection of helpful wedding reception articles.