If you’re one of the many brides thinking about getting a spray tan before your wedding, brilliant! We asked the spray tan experts at Harmony Skin and Beauty for their advice on:
- Is a spray tan before a wedding a good idea for me?
- When should I get a spray tan?
- What range of colours is available?
- How do I care for my tan?
Let’s find out what they said.
Is Getting a Spray Tan Before Your Wedding a Good Idea?
We’ve all heard about orange glows, peeling skin and streaks; none of which you want on your wedding day. A professional spray tan before your wedding will help you avoid all these horrors! The question becomes then, should you get a spray tan or not?
A spray tan involves a fine mist solution being applied to your skin which creates a bronze layer on your body. Whether you need to get one or not is a personal choice, but doing so can give you an even and healthy all over body glow. How long it lasts depends on a range of things, but usually lasts between a week to ten days. This means you should aim to get your spray tan done no later than two days before your wedding day, “as this gives the tan time to ‘settle’ on your skin, ensuring it is your most natural colour, “ – Sophie, Harmony Skin & Beauty. It is recommended that you have a trial spray tan no later than six weeks prior so you can ensure you are happy with your chosen colour. Also, consider having a full body spray tan rather than a half to avoid those short lines on your honeymoon!
Which Spray Tan Colour Should I Choose?
Here we suggest you leave this decision to the experts! While you may fancy a darker tan, if your beautician recommends a lighter option, go for it. “We have a range of colours to choose from to suit you and your bridal party best, from a light subtle glow to rich deep chocolate, and it’s a great idea to trial a tan a few months before the day to find your perfect colour.” – Sophie, Harmony Skin and Beauty.
Caring for Your Spray Tan
If you do decide to get a spray tan before your wedding, there are some before and after-care things you’ll need to do:
- Before your spray tan – shower and exfoliate your skin well on the day of your tan. Do not use any moisturisers, fragrances or deodorant. Shave before your tan, or wax at least one or two days before. Wear loose and dark clothing to your appointment.
- After your spray tan – avoid showering (or getting wet in the rain) for the first few hours or as directed. Understand that your tan will develop over the next few hours. Keep your skin well moisturised and use a gentle skin wash to help avoid the tan being washed away.