You’re considering hiring a wedding planner. Awesome! It’s something we recommend most busy engaged couples do.
A wedding planner can help you with as much or as little of the planning as necessary. They can organise your destination wedding right down to making sure the cake is delivered and set up on the day.
To help you decide if hiring a wedding planner is right for you, we’ve created a list of the pros and cons, to work through with you.
Pros and Cons of Hiring a Wedding Planner
If you’re thinking about hiring a wedding planner, then you obviously understand how they can make life so much easier for you! A wedding planner can help you with as little as finding the right wedding service providers, to organising your entire wedding. It really is up to you, and to help you decide if you need her services, here are the pros and cons of working with a wedding planner:
Pros of using a wedding planner are:
- Less stress for the engaged couple
- New and fresh ideas
- Established connections between the planner and wedding service providers
- A professional who has done it all before
- Someone to bounce ideas with
- A problem solver, so you don’t have to!
- You can host a wedding out of town but have someone “on the ground” to deal with any issues
- Able to help you stick to a budget
- Can help you save money
- More pros of using a wedding planner here
Cons of hiring a wedding co-ordinator are:
- It’s another expense (note: often they can save you more money than they cost – in which case they are an excellent investment)
- It may feel a bit like you lose control over your wedding planning (although a great coordinator will mitigate this)
- You can feel detached from what’s happening
- Could take away some of the intimacy of your wedding
By far though, the benefits outweigh any negatives. In fact, there’s plenty of additional benefits and we’ll share those next.
Benefits of Hiring a Wedding Coordinator
Planning a wedding can be an enormous job. While being able to hand over the organisation to a professional leaves the happy couple stress and worry free, there are plenty of other benefits too, including:
- A planner will help keep your wedding vision on track
- Extra help keeping an eye on staying within your budget
- Helping introduce you to the best vendors
- Taking care of all the organising – it just can’t get better than this!