Are you considering a destination wedding? A sunkissed beach, a desert island or the top of a snowy peak all sound absolutely fabulous to us! Also being able to organise everything from home, having all the work done when you arrive is also a huge plus.
We’ve put together some of our favourite destination wedding locations both here in NZ and overseas for you to check out.
Our Top Destination Wedding Locations
You’re walking down a sandy aisle, surrounded by tropical flowers and a gorgeous blue ocean ahead of you. Sounds too good to be true, but many brides are choosing a destination wedding over one in their hometown nowadays. Our favourite destinations for such a wedding are:
- Jamaica – a Caribbean wedding doesn’t need to include any pirates, but it sure will have some amazing scenery. With an island seeped in history, reggae and a laid back atmosphere, it has plenty of lovely spots for a ceremony. Many old Georgian-style plantation homes offer stunning reception venues too.
- The Big Island of Hawaii – with 13 different climatic zones in one place, the photos would be stunning if you chose to visit them all. From rainforests to white sand beaches, there is plenty for guests to do when not celebrating with you too.
- Hayman Island, Australia – does an exclusive and private island sound good to you? A Hayman Island wedding will provide privacy and a stunning ocean and tropical backdrop for your nuptials.
- Fiji – a favourite spot of holiday goers, Fiji is also a lovely place to wed. Highly romantic and with some of the world’s most amazing beaches, it’s also super close to and convenient for your NZ guests.
- Queenstown – not far away for you Southern Brides, Queenstown has Lake Wakatipu if you’d like a water backdrop ceremony. It also has some stunning wedding venues and tall peaks to provide gorgeous views.
- New York City – why not get married in the same place that Carrie Bradshaw did? The New York Public Library is certainly one grand building and the interior’s marble columns are exquisite. Follow it up with a romantic carriage ride through Central Park!
- Las Vegas – fancy getting married by Elvis? Las Vegas may just be the perfect place for a shotgun destination wedding or one to which you can invite a few close friends.
For help in planning your destination wedding ceremony and reception, be sure to take a read of our Wedding Planning articles next.