One of the latest trends (and we think it’s a brilliant idea) is the use of wedding signs. From welcoming guests to the ceremony, highlighting the order of events and even directing guests where to go, wedding signs are incredibly handy. They’re also super cute and make lovely mementos for your big day to display and treasure for years to come.
We’ve put together a collection of wedding sign ideas, plus ideas on the types of materials your signs could be made with and some quotes to select from.
5 Beautiful Ideas for Wedding Signs
Wedding signs can be used for multiple purposes. Here are five of our favourites:
- Directional signs – help your guests to get where they’re supposed to be. Ideal for displaying at a combined ceremony and reception venue.
- Welcome signs – you may not be there yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t extend a warm welcome to your guests.
- Instructional signs – have favours or blankets for your guests? Use your sign to instruct guests on what they can collect and keep/use. These signs are also good for using at guestbook tables and letting people know what your wishes are regarding the use of cell phones and photography during your ceremony.
- Order of events signs – rather than printing individual copies, or being asked what’s happening next, display all the details on a sign for guests to check instead.
- Quotes – quotes make brilliant pieces of wedding décor, especially on walls, as centre pieces and even photo backdrops. We’ll share a few of our favourites soon.
Materials for Your Wedding Signage
The signage material you choose to use will depend upon where it will be displayed, how large it needs to be, whether you want to keep it as a memento and also what the sign is for. Outdoor weddings require more sturdy materials such as timber or clear Perspex. Interior signs can be made with fabric, cardboard or paper, as well as timber and Perspex. Some neat materials we’ve seen brides use are old picture frames, where the sign is painting over the art inside the frame, on old doors, framed mirrors and even chalkboards.
Popular Quotes for Wedding Signs
As noted above, quotes make amazing pieces of wedding décor and truly help set the mood of the day. A quick search of Google will provide a ton of options, but to get you started, here’s a few we like:
- Happily ever after starts here.
- Welcome to our unplugged ceremony. We invite you to be fully present at our ceremony. Please turn off all mobile phones and cameras and enjoy this moment with us.
- Whatever souls are made of his and mine are the same – Emily Brontë
- Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be. – Robert Browning
- She said yes, now they say “I do”, please pick any seat. We’re now one family, not two.
- Pick a seat, not a side, either way, it’s for a bride.
- This way to the “I do’s”, and the kiss!
- The adventure begins.
- "Trust me, you can dance." -Alcohol
Will you be using any wedding signage? What will you make them from? We’d love to know, so drop us a line in the comments below.