Fancy getting married in one of New Zealand’s most extreme wedding venues? From inside a cave, on the shores of the Blue Lake in the Nelson Lakes Park to the beautiful Abel Tasman National Park, NZ is a country full of unique spots for an adventurous wedding day. We’ve made a list of the top five most extreme and exciting wedding venues for you to pick from!
Read on to find out more …
NZ’s Top 5 Most Extreme Wedding Venues
Now we’re not saying that there’s anything wrong with holding your ceremony in a church or your reception at a local restaurant, only that those locations don’t suit every couple.
So, together with the great team at The Dream Maker, we’ve put together a list of the most unique and wildest venues for your upcoming South Island wedding. Here are our top five:
- Ngarua & Rawhiti Caves – fancy getting married in a cave? Head to Nelson! Ngarua Cave has been used for generations for weddings and can be booked for after hours access. This gives you exclusive use for your private wedding ceremony. Rawhiti Cave is another of our favourite extreme wedding venues, requiring a 60 minute hike to the cave itself first. The Dream Maker team can also organise your ceremony here too.
- The Sky – fancy saying I Do up in the clouds? Why not take mark the occasion by taking a flight for your ceremony and parachuting out of it down for your reception! It’s called the Leap of Faith package from our friends at The Dream Maker.
- Abel Tasman National Park – within the Abel Tasman there are many beautiful wedding venues, most of which have restricted access conditions. Adele Island has a limit of 16 people and restricted usage at high tide. Cleopatra’s Falls is ideal for weddings with less than 10 guests but can be challenging to reach on foot.
- Harwood Hole & Cannan Downs – why not arrive by helicopter at the location of Gandalf’s big entrance by horse cart in the Lord of the Rings movie? It’s an amazing backdrop and perfect for LOTR fans! An elvish theme wedding anyone?
- Farewell Spit – The Dream Maker is the only wedding celebrant who is permitted to marry couples here, so contact them quick if this is your dream! Only accessible via foot, it takes a full day and is suitable for a small private wedding
As the only Qualmark endorsed celebrant in NZ, you can depend upon The Dream Maker. As a one-stop wedding shop, they’ll take care of everything for you both. Now that’s what we call a stress free wedding!