You are cordially invited to join Southern Bride for “A Practical Wedding Planning Evening”.
Enjoy a night of wedding planning tips, tricks and & unbiased expert advice from top notch wedding vendors on:
Saturday 13 July 2019
Innov8HQ, 123 Vogel Street, Dunedin
Doors open 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start
Last year’s inaugural event sold out, so get your tickets sorted quickly! Here’s what we have in store for you:
Kick back, relax, and enjoy some wedding planning fun with your besties
On arrival, you’ll receive a glass of bubbles or juice, sponsored by Encore Events and have the opportunity to grab a few snaps at the Encore Photobooth. There will also be nibbles, kindly supplied by Speight’s Ale House, Dunedin. The room decor will have some finishing touches supplied by Swell Event Hire, and Happy Hire too.
Then collect your Southern Bride “best day ever” reusable canvas bag, filled with helpful wedding planning goodies. Thanks to helloworld Travel Dunedin we’ve got a gorgeous notebook and a pen and a honeymoon travel guide. You’ll get a wedding planning checklist, a pretty piece of stationery from Be My Guest, a delicious non-alcoholic refreshment from Angela Port Celebrant – plus a few surprises we will keep till the night…
We’ll also be drawing spot prizes throughout the night, including:
- a major prize of a wedding day photography coverage with Still Waters Photography NZ
- a $500 wedding stationery voucher from Be My Guest
- $100 Food & Beverage Voucher for Room 118
- VaniT self tanning gift pack thanks to Harmony Skin, Beauty and Spa. This pack includes VaniT Bronzing Custard, VaniT Self Tan drops and a VaniT exfoliating mitt for the perfect glowing tan and tan extending
- Our VIPs get to participate in their very own grown-up lucky dip! We’ve got some fun wedding planning goodies to give away, and every VIP is a winner!
SHORT, PRACTICAL WEDDING PLANNING TIPS
Once you’ve settled in, caught up on the gossip and got yourself some snaps from the photobooth, you’ll be treated to a jam-packed evening of helpful wedding planning advice, brought to you by a range of top-notch wedding vendors.
Our MC, celebrant Angela Port, will kick things off and keep the night flowing smoothly. Speakers include:
- NZ Beauty Therapist of the Year for 2015/16, Sophie – owner of Harmony Skin and Beauty will be talking about how you can prep your skin to be looking the best for your big day – with practical suggestions for tweaking your lifestyle, reducing stress and relaxing before the wedding to get that bridal glow on! Then she’ll talk about finding the right makeup artists for you, and how to feel comfortable in your makeup on your wedding day.
- Nicola from Kelk Photography, and previous NZIPP Otago Branch President, will share importance of having professional wedding photography, plus some tips on what our couples can do to make the most of their photographer and how to get the best photos for your day.
- Natasha from Beau Couture is sharing how she designs dresses for different body types and then gives us a peek inside the world of constructing couture bridal gowns
- Leanne from Remotelea Creative is going to cover off how to manage your wedding planning with less stress
- and Southern Bride editor Amanda is sharing her tips and tricks for managing your wedding guest list
Southland celebrant Sharyn Payne will be guiding us through an inspirational catwalk of wedding gowns from Brides by Donna Rae.
The talented Williams & Co Kitchen Limited will be along with cake samples! She’s baking up a storm and bringing Raspberry and white chocolate, lemon and poppy seed and a classic chocolate for us to sample. Yum!
COCKTAIL MAKING DEMO
We’ve got Room 118 demonstrating their cocktail making classes, with the help of a couple of volunteers.
Q & A EXPERT PANEL
The lovely Sharyn Payne will be back to host the Southern Bride Verified Q & A Panel. No topic is off-limits! Ask the Southern Bride Verified panel of wedding vendors your niggling questions, and get real, honest, frank replies from the team. No topic is off-limits!
We’ll be in touch by email before the night, to collect your questions – or pop your hand up and ask away on the day.