DIY wedding favours are a great way to shave costs from your budget. They’re also loved by guests, knowing that effort and attention have gone into their keepsake. Most DIY wedding favours are simple to make, can be tailored specifically to meet your theme and reflect the personality or interests of the bride and groom. Today we’ll share with you 12 unique wedding favour ideas you can make yourself!
12 Creative DIY Wedding Favours to Make
- Sweet Treats – a few pieces of homemade biscotti or fudge are always welcome. Wrap in cellophane or pop into a hand stamped paper bag.
- Forget Me Knot Seeds – write a little poem to go with a few forget me knot seeds and you have a memorable favour!
- Rose petals – why not give your guests a paper cone filled with rose petals they can throw as you walk down the aisle?
- Fortune Cookies – bake a batch of fortune cookies (or purchase some ready made and remove the message). Write your own messages, personalised for your wedding and add those instead!
- Spice Jar – make a large batch of your favourite spice, infused salt or rub. If you can use a similar spice to one used in your wedding menu, bonus points!
- Bath Salts – fill some cute little glass jars with handmade bath salts, attach a note and voila!
- Vintage Filled Glassware – spend a few weekends hunting for vintage glassware at the op shops. Pop in some potting mix and succulent cuttings for one of the hottest DIY wedding favours of the moment!
- Cookie Jars – pop the ingredients to make cookies in layers inside a jar. Attach the instructions and a nice label for a tasty wedding favour!
- Infused Oil – buy some tasty olive oil in bulk and decant into little bottles. Then add a sprig of a fresh herb such as rosemary, a lid, and a label!
- Homemade Jam – this is something which can be made in advance in multiple batches. Once again, attach a handwritten tag for a personalised touch.
- Coffee or Tea – package some loose leaf tea or specialist coffee into a little parcel for each guest to take home with them.
- Little Pot Plants – here’s a great way to cut down on your floristry bill! Plant a flower seedling into a tiny pot and place one at each guest’s table setting. They look great as table decorations, you can use your colour theme and are a lasting memory for guests to take home.
Do you have any other great ideas for DIY wedding favours? What is one which stands out which you received as a wedding guest? We’d love to know, so please tell us in the comments below! Make sure you also read our article 65+ Wedding Favour Ideas for Your Wedding Reception for more wonderful wedding favour ideas too!