Not a fan of large formal bouquets? Not a problem, because together with Dunedin florist Evergreen Elegance, we’re sharing some amazing wedding corsage ideas for you to consider instead!
What is a Wedding Corsage?
A wedding corsage can be described as a form of floral jewellery that is worn to a wedding. Not just for the bride or her bridal party, a wedding corsage can be worn by the mother of the bride, close family and guests.
While the wedding corsage can be created to be pinned on clothing or worn on a wrist, with the wrist corsage the most popular option. That’s because a pin-on corsage has the potential to snag threads on clothing and change how a garment hangs when worn.
Beautiful Wedding Corsage Ideas
If wearing and giving others a wedding corsage sounds great for your upcoming nuptials, here are 10 beautiful ideas you may wish to consider:
- Oversize corsage – if wearing a corsage is acceptable, consider an oversize corsage which reaches from your shoulder to around bust level. This is a great floral statement piece!
- Corsage rings – why wear your corsage on your wrist when you florist can create a beautiful mini corsage ring for a finger instead.
- Textured corsage – use a variety of flora and fauna textures to add depth to your corsage. You may want to mix and match fresh and dried flowers, ribbon, lace and even paper.
- Hanging corsage – a bit like a pomander, a hanging corsage has ribbon or similar around your wrist, and a mini bouquet hanging from it. Great for young flower girls as the ribbon acts like a handle reducing the likelihood of dropped or lost flowers.
- Bracelet corsage – why not incorporate your bridesmaid gifts and corsage together? A bracelet makes the ideal ‘frame’ for a corsage to be built upon and the bracelet can be kept as a special memento.
If you are celebrating your wedding day in or around the Dunedin area, we recommend contacting the lovely team of florists at Evergreen Elegance. With many years of experience as wedding florists, they can help create your wedding corsages, bouquets, table flowers and even ceremony backdrops to help bring your wedding day dreams to fruition.