Make your day even more memorable by choosing to hold your ceremony and reception at a historic wedding venue. In fact, we know just the perfect one: Olveston Historic Home in Dunedin. Gifted to the City of Dunedin in 1966 by the last surviving member of the Theomin family, visiting is it like entering a time capsule. From intricate tapestries and artwork to a beautifully carved oak staircase, a stunning garden, and a grand Jacobean style home, it truly is the perfect historic wedding venue.
We’d love to share with you some of the benefits of choosing a venue such as Olveston House for your upcoming nuptials. We don’t think you’ll need much convincing…
Advantages of Choosing a Historic Wedding Venue
First of all, let us just say one word: atmosphere! A historic home has the scene already set for a wedding venue, with the interior design features, furniture, colours and artwork depicting life from a specific time in the past. It’s nothing short of a magnificent and magical atmosphere. But there are plenty of other advantages a savvy bride will approve of too, including:
- Amazing photography – with so many options for photos both inside and out, a historic wedding venue is a photographers dream – and the happy couple’s too!
- Décor is provided – there’s no need to decorate the venue, it’s already been done for you! A historic venue contains period features that are amazing focal points and add character to your special day.
- Beautifully themed – your theme is already chosen and designed for you. This makes it easy to pick accessories for your reception tables, choose save the date cards, and even your wedding dress style.
- Multiple options – you’ll be able to select from a variety of photo ops, ceremony, and reception areas without needing to traipse around town. At Olveston Historic Home, you have multiple options which can help you personalise your day.
- DIY catering – many historical venues do not have the kitchen facilities to cater for a wedding. This means they are happy for you to organise your own catering services. You could choose to hire a caterer to deliver to the site and manage the food or invite your guests to bring a plate. This can certainly keep the costs lower.
We encourage you to contact the Olveston Historic home team to discuss options for hiring this stunning historical wedding venue for your upcoming nuptials today.