You know you need to book your hair and makeup, but do you need to organise a wedding day beauty plan too for the lead up to the big day?
There are a million things to do, and the stress of it all can leave you forgetting to take care of yourself. Plus with pre-wedding festivities, it can be a little harder to choose the healthier options. So we’ve met with Alexandra wedding makeup and beauty therapists Harmony Skin & Beauty for their tips and tricks on preparing for your wedding day.
What is a Wedding Beauty Plan?
It’s a given that on your wedding day you want to look (and feel) your absolute best from top to toe. To do this, it’s a great idea to get started early on looking after yourself – we all know that wedding planning can be stressful, and these small things in the lead up will give you some well deserved time out, as well as have you feeling your best. This is a list of all the healthy habits, beauty treatments and skin regimes you might want to consider in the lead up to your wedding day:
- Deep Conditioning Hair Treatments
- Skin Therapist consultation and treatments
- Gym membership
- Healthy balanced diet
- Hair removal
- Eyebrow shaping
- Haircut and colours
- Makeup and hair trials
Okay yikes, that might look like a lot, so let’s put these all together and create a timeline for you to work with, so you can decide what ones are important to you.
Your Wedding Beauty Plan Countdown
How soon is too soon to start your beauty regimes? Never! If you have specific concerns about something in particular, the sooner you can talk to the right person and get started, the better. Remember, big changes can take time. Together with Harmony Skin & Beauty, we’ve created a month by month timeline for you to start thinking about:
Six months (or longer) before your wedding
- Start eating healthy and exercising regularly, and take the time to talk to an expert in the health industry so they can help you with the right steps towards your goals. They may suggest supplements and dietary advice to get you feeling your best.
- Get into the habit of drinking plenty of water – ideally, you need around 8 glasses of water a day, and remember for every cup of coffee you drink you need another cup of water on top of this!
- Book an eyebrow shape with an expert – remember it can take some time to grow in the perfect brows.
- Decide on the cut and colour of your hair for your wedding, and discuss options of how you would like your hair on your day with your hairdresser so they can help you get it perfect in the months before.
- Organise your hair and makeup trials with your hairdresser and makeup artist, and make sure you have your wedding day booked in with them too. More information on why hair and make up trials are so beneficial is here.
Four months before your wedding
- Begin having regular manicures and pedicures.
- Continue seeing your Skin Therapist for regular treatments – discuss with them what treatment would be best to have the week of the wedding too and have this booked in advance.
- If you are planning on having a spray tan, have a trial prior to your wedding day to make sure you are happy with the colour. Try and time this in with a special event too, such as your hens night!
Four weeks before your wedding
- Continue taking some time for yourself to get the exercise in and eating healthy – often these last four weeks can feel the most stressful and doing something just for you helps you feel good!
- If you haven’t already, see your Hairdresser and Makeup Artist for a trial of your wedding day look, so you know you can relax the morning of the wedding day with any big decisions already made
Two weeks before your wedding
- Have your teeth whitened professionally
- See your hairdresser for your last cut and colour, and even add on a hydrating hair treatment too!
One week before your wedding
- Take some time for relaxation – whether that’s a full body massage, a spa treatment or an indulgent pedicure, make sure you get some time to yourself
- Increase your water intake and get as much sleep as you possibly can!
- Watch your alcohol intake as it may leave you feeling dehydrated.
- See your Beauty Therapist for any hair removal, brow shaping, tanning and nails. Ideally have your spray tan 2 days before the wedding day, to give it time to settle beautifully on your skin.
- Enjoy a Manicure and Pedicure, or even bring your bridesmaids along to have a ‘Sparty’ with you in the days before the wedding.
- Have your final skin treatment with your skin therapist at the beginning of the week, the girls at Harmony love a Vitamin Infused Treatment with Enzyme Peel, or an LED Photofacial to give your skin the ‘bridal glow’.
Have you organised your wedding day beauty plan? We suggest you chat with the amazing team at Harmony Skin & Beauty. They’ll help you create a timeline that suits you and yes, their Makeup Artists will travel to where you are getting ready on the morning of your wedding to make it as stress-free and easy as possible.